- I recently went to an amazing Mediterranean restaurant called Nazareth where I tried (for the first time) Arabic Coffee. It was so so good. Sweet and floral is the best way I can describe it. So being the foodie that I am, I decided I wanted to learn how to make it. First attempt came out pretty good! Besides buying Arabic Coffee, you just add a little cardamom to it and sugar to get the signature flavor. HERE IS THE LINK I USED.
- I am throwing my friend Meghan's Bachalorette party in two weekends and I couldn't be more excited. No worries, there will not be strippers or inappropriate baked goods...it is called Cinco De Meghan and is Cinco De Mayo themed :) Yes, there will be a piñata present...I mean, when else can you beat something with a stick and something good happens?!
The Not So Nice
- A few months ago, I redecorated my bathroom..paint, redid cabinets and knobs, mirrors, vanity, the works..but I never got the ceiling done. And now that I finally got my ceiling in (wallpaper made to look like tin ceiling) I don't have time to install it nor do I know what glue to use...rather sad really.. but I will figure it out soon enough.
- This weather is getting a little bit crazy...40 in April..really Ohio, really?!
- Columbus construction..also known as "Crawlumbus"
Finally, have a fantastic Friday and weekend and if you want to find out what song I have had stuck in my head all week CLICK HERE!
We may have ended the session with frozen fingers, but it wasn't due to the lack of warmth between these two people. Since they booked over the phone, the Audubon Park was the first place we all actually got to meet. Right away I felt an ease with them, I loved Brittany's choice to wear a red dress (especially in March with everything not quite blooming and still frosted from winter) and I could tell they had so much respect for one another. When I asked them what they love about their relationship, they both said they appreciated the other's loyalty. We started off our session with a little something to keep them warm, my favorite, tea by the water.
It's not too often I get the request to capture cat families, but when Kristin & Harmon invited me to their home to start their session with their five (yes, five) kitties, I was in for the adventure. These two have a unique kind of love and style that makes them so much fun to hang out with. Anytime a couple is comfortable with each other, it makes my job so easy..they laugh like I'm not there and don't shy away from snuggling up in front of the camera. I was expecting the cats, but what I didn't know was Kristin had set up an whole studio for us to shoot in their basement-eccentric and very them..and it was perfect. The more you get into personalizing your session, the more comfortable you are and the more personal the images feel.
When someone has been your best friend for as long as Molly has been, you find yourself somewhere between "words are not enough" and "I've said it all before" It's hard to think anyone deserves the people you are closest too, but these two are equally deserving of the other and these images definitely show that! Getting to go to Denver for this session has been a dream of mine, and I can't wait to share some of my favorites!!!