THE 20/20 PROJECT
It all started when...
I read an article online in which historically important women gave advice to themselves when they were younger. These quotes were collected and shared. As I read about Michelle Obama telling herself to not be so afraid, especially of failing, I thought to myself, this would make an amazing photo project: Getting real and inspirational women from all different walks of life, a range of age and experiences to share a little about themselves and how they would advise their younger self (and subsequently inspire others) if they had the chance to go back...
So this is my mission...
- Find 20 women whom other women find inspirational who are willing to share their story
- Set up individual photoshoots & interviews with each woman over the course of the Spring/Summer 2017
- Inspire women all over to love and accept themselves and each other a little more than yesterday!
- Share and publish their stories and advice through social media via a short video, an article on my website, and, hopefully, a feature in a local magazine!
It's not easy living in a world that says- take these paths or get left behind... and I think most of us have gotten to see that life isn't always what we planned, but somehow, life gives us a chance to acclimate and change, get stronger and more sensitive to this world, and surely enjoy it more than anyone expected.
have you been NOMINATED AND are DECIDING IF THIS PROJECT IS SOMETHING YOU'D WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN?
If you can answer "YES" to all of these, then I would love to set up a time to photograph and interview you! I will send more information to your email or mailbox (yes, I will do snail mail)
- Does this project interest you?
- Do you believe in the power of females?
- Are you open and comfortable sharing a little part of who you are for the benefit of others?
- Do you have time to write a small paragraph of advice to your younger self as well as time to be photographed in Columbus by me (no more than 1 hr shoot time)
- Are you ok with all of this content being shared and published?
If you are ready to contact me to set up your slot or to let me know you are not interested, just let me know below, thanks!!!